Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, September 19, 2008

Recipe Swap!

Hello! This is the second time that I have participated in Gayle's Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap....you can get the last recipe here. This one is a vegetable side dish, that I originally got from the book Fit For Life... Welcome to my new blog!

Sweet Basil Carrots
12 medium carrots
3 Tbspns sweet butter (I use regular salted butter!)
2Tbspn pure maple syrup
1-2 tsp fresh basil (I use dried...start with one tsp)
1/4 tsp sea salt
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slice carrots into rounds about 1/8" thick, and cook for about 10 minutes (steam or microwave), melt remaining ingredients together, and pour over drained carrots, stirring to coat well. Serves 4-6

The original recipe directions were more complex, but this way is so much easier! LOL Hope you enjoy it! Make sure you leave a recipe over at Gayle's too....that way I can try yours!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fit For Life...ohmygosh, doesn't that dredge up a whole truckload of memories!?!?! lol